The Distinguished Alumna Award recognizes Chatham Hall graduates who embody the characteristics and values of Chatham Hall, such as honor, respect, and integrity. The Distinguished Alumna Award is presented to an alumna who has accomplished one or more of the following:
- Notable achievements in her professional field; and/or
- Remarkable service to better community, state, nation, or world; and/or
- Significant service to the arts, sciences, or humanitarian causes; and
- Appreciation for the Chatham Hall legacy.
Anyone may nominate a Chatham Hall alumna for this award. The award is usually presented in person during the Annual Meeting of the Alumnae Association at Chatham Hall during reunion.
- A committee of members of the Alumnae Council selects recipient(s) of the Distinguished Alumna Award in collaboration with the president of the Alumnae Council, chair of the Board of Trustees and the Rector.
- The award is usually presented to the recipient in person, typically during the Chatham Hall Reunion Weekend. Often, the recipient will be celebrating a reunion year.
- The Distinguished Alumnae recipient generally makes public remarks to the Chatham Hall community during reunion weekend and is encouraged to interact with students.
Nominations are due by Sept. 15.