The Leader on the Rise Award recognizes Chatham Hall graduates who embody the characteristics and values of Chatham Hall, such as honor, respect, and integrity. The Chatham Hall Leader on the Rise award recognizes a member of the Chatham Hall Alumnae Association* who:
- Distinguishes themselves through creativity, achievement, and/or innovation either in their profession or through commitment to an issue, project or cause
- Appreciates Chatham Hall’s values and mission
- Has graduated from high school or its equivalent within the last 20 years
*The Alumnae Association includes every graduate and every student who has attended Chatham Hall for a year or more after receiving a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Anyone may nominate a Chatham Hall alum for this award. The award will be presented during the Annual Meeting of the Alumnae Association at Chatham Hall during reunion.
- A committee of members of the Alumnae Council selects recipient(s) of the Leader on the Rise Award in collaboration with the president of the Alumnae Council, chair of the Board of Trustees and the Rector.
- The award will be presented to the recipient in person, typically during the Chatham Hall Reunion weekend.
- The Leader on the Rise Award recipient will make public remarks to the Chatham Hall community during reunion weekend and is encouraged to interact with students.
- The deadline for nominations is Sept. 15, 2021, well in advance of reunion to increase the likelihood recipients can attend reunion to accept the award.